SOLIDWORKS Composer™ enables you to easily repurpose existing 3D design data to rapidly create and update high quality graphical assets that are fully associated with your 3D design.
- Synchronize technical communication with your design process so graphic elements are updated automatically when there are changes to the design
- Develop your technical communication deliverables earlier in the process and keep them current, instead of having to wait until the product is complete
- Show your product before production using 2D and 3D illustrations and interactive animations
- Make technical communication more visual and more effective for your manufacturing and service teams, suppliers, and customers, regardless of language and culture, helping to reduce the amount of translation
SOLIDWORKS Composer users can routinely create technical documentation parallel with product development, simplifying their process and accelerating time-to-market. Manufacturing Engineer Rob Schwartz of ARENS Controls, LLC relates that for one of their products “I had the instructions done before the first parts arrived on the dock. Not only was I freed from having to wait for parts or assemblies, I was able to put together better content in a fraction of the usual time.”
SOLIDWORKS® Inspection helps you streamline the creation of inspection documents by leveraging your existing 2D legacy data, regardless of whether files are SOLIDWORKS, PDFs, or TIFFs.
- Quickly create ballooned engineering drawings and inspection reports with stand-alone SOLIDWORKS Inspection or the SOLIDWORKS Inspection add-in
- Automatically add balloon callouts with Inspection Dimensions specified by the designer or mechanical engineer
- Compare drawing revisions and originals to quickly identify changes
- Record inspection measurements and import CMM results
- Export finished ballooned drawings as a PDF and inspection sheets to Microsoft® Excel® spreadsheets using standard templates such as AS9102 or PPAP forms